Latest Posts

Topic: Welcome, new HomePage!

Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-09, 19:57

I'm not sure but are there perhaps some minor Changes visible when I visit WideLands.org? :D May be this Post (should get) moved into old Thread but due to the new HP arrived due to I though it's worth to give it a Welcome.

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-09, 22:42

Well, the forum seems to be working still - this is quite the relief :).

Top Quote
flipflipsen

Version: 1.1
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2013-06-10, 18:42

Hi, I like to comment about the readability on the site. Green on a dark background is not well readable.

Top Quote
Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-12, 15:44

flipflipsen wrote:

Hi, I like to comment about the readability on the site. Green on a dark background is not well readable.

Disagree in that general Meaning BUT agree with (its intended?) special Meaning. I think it's a Matter of how the Display display Colors (rgb-seperated) and thus the Font gets eroded by BG BackGround. I think a bold Font should fix that resp is better readable.

I used Green on black (very dark) BackGround since Decades for my Consoles as simlpe Color-Mode due to it's well readable at Day and friendly to my Eyes even at Night so I disagree in the general Meaning of Statement but agree in the (intended?) special Meaning of that Statement.

But there is a more significnat Point in same Area:

I would drop 'Label Login' and color Login GREEN, Register YELLOW and Forgot RED but read about "solid Fonts" below and substitute these Colors with FontStyles (3D-rendered) CupperOxid, Gold, Cupper.

I consider that Label to be obsolete as the obligatoric Features Login/Register/Forgot don't require IMO a Label and Label Login doesn't cover correctly all (the) Items: Register is not really about Login if we understand that Register is a PreRequirement as well as a HP is). Access match better but probably no User is used to understand Access to represent these Options. I would use Access or drop it due to Obsolence. More problematical is see is that the Lable Login is confusing with the Option login -- I tried to press several that Label till I got the Idea to check out what fails. That obsolete Label is more significant to (my) Perception than that Option.

Explaining Color-Scheme for Access-Box: * GREEN for Login means alright * YELLOW for Register to be carefully ("take care what you press") * RED for Forget the PassWord - it is surely an Error in Procedure of Login

This Colors-Scheme looks somewhat technical (even it's powerful) but could perhaps not match to the Color-Theme of the (FrontPage of) the HP - I don't guess so (without a Test). I think rendered Fonts in "Colors" Gold (for YELLOW), Silver (for WHITE), Cupper (for RED), CupperOxid (for GREEN) represent Solids like Stone (BackGround=SandStone) and Wood (Bars) and thus match better than the "synthetic (looking) Letters" (Letters without 3D-Effect). IMO, (dunno why) the white Letters on the wooden Bar in the Top looks to me somewhat 3D -- perhaps be due to any Shadow-Effect?

I don't wonder if these Fonts are useful resp reasonable but if the Game WL itself can utilize same Fonts like the HP as I won't like to support to do same Work twice due to Game and HP (have to) use different Font-Formats. However, if there is a Reason to don't create these Fonts (or one from those) due to either the Game or the HP is not Reason enough then Utilization for Game AND HP could change that. Can Game and HP utilize same Fonts? (doesn't imply it's reasonable to create these Fonts and if it's reasonable that doesn't imply somebody would do it).

vote for Cupper, Silver and Gold face-smile.png

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
BjornKeks

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-12, 20:13

Hello, my browsers (Firefox and the one from Samsung) started to wine a few days ago, that this page has no security protocol and could be corrupted... what is the matter? This is the only page, which triggers that warning...

Lieber einen Lebkuchen, als einen toten Keks!

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-12, 20:40

Thanks for reporting. Seems like we run into this issue: http://www.synology-forum.de/showthread.html?26870-Startssl-und-Firefox.-Fehlercode-sec_error_unknown_issuer.-Wie-geht-es-doch. This is a error in firefox, but we can work around in our config it seems. The problem appeared with the server switch because we also changed our backend server.

I'll look into that till the weekend. Thanks again for reporting.

Top Quote
Solstice

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-13, 00:19

It seems that the map uploader is broken after updating the homepage.. or at least for me it offers only internal server error each time I try to upload a new map file to the maps page.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-13, 06:30

@BjornKeks: The SSL warning should be gone now - could you please verify this?

Solstice, thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for any inconvenience. This is the last remaining known bug from the move and we will fix this asap.

Top Quote
BjornKeks

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-14, 16:56

Everything is fine now. None of my browsers complain.

Lieber einen Lebkuchen, als einen toten Keks!

Top Quote
Solstice

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-14, 21:23

Somehow, in my case the Internal Server Error problem still exists and prevents me from uploading the map file I've created.

Top Quote