Latest Posts

Topic: Welcome, new HomePage!

staustelladam

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2013-06-18, 20:19

Love the new look site ... very clean and really user friendly ... good work guys.

Top Quote
Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-19, 13:09

Feature-Request for HP: The Info-Line "you have N new Messages" could get yellow if there is any Message and perhaps it sounds curiously if I note that there is a Typo and that "you" in that Line should get capitalized as capitalized first Word of a Sentence. face-smile.png

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-19, 17:41

Adamant wrote:

Feature-Request for HP: The Info-Line "you have N new Messages" could get yellow if there is any Message and perhaps it sounds curiously if I note that there is a Typo and that "you" in that Line should get capitalized as capitalized first Word of a Sentence. face-smile.png

I see the point of the coloring to highlight messages, but concering the "you":

Welcome Nasenbaer, you have 0 new messages.

looks totally correct to me - like in a letter, there is no new sentence after the comma.

Top Quote
Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-19, 17:58

Right, another Context than I thought. Ignored Line Above as Part of Sentence. So it's not a Type but an (for me) unexpected Form of UI. face-smile.png

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-20, 14:58

Add few nice informative ScreenShots to Desciption from actual WL-Version to add visual Idea about the Game before the Player can read (relative to Pictures) "boring Text". He find first ScreenShots first after DownLoad-Section - the Moment where he ask hilmself if he want that Game. Text is always relative dry and therefore repulsive for potential new Player.

I strongly advice to consider to read Article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDA_%28marketing%29 before considering a new Design of the "About Game-Section".

Perhaps that Section is already fine excepted for potential new Players and we need another Section for "Welcome to the Game"-Section -- no Idea how to call that Section better that potential new Players go there first. I think the present Section should get renamed into WL-Stuff/Game-Stuff and the Newbie-Section perhaps into something like "About/Introduction/Welcome WideLands" ... May be "WTF WL?" address better the Altitude of intended Audience? (potential new Players) face-smile.png (well, Matter of Taste and Style -- and surely brief and clearly understandable for smart and other! :)))

Top Quote
Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-22, 10:30

Porting the Site may still take a Lot of Time and Effort aside of Fixing of reported Bugs. No Idea when there will be Time to add Features. For Game-Dev there exist an InfraStructure to display intended Action resp intended/priorized Development-Goals eg in Form of Branches. How about a (sticky?) Thread to display intended Features to add to the HP not for Discussion but 'FYI' Users regualary are not write (noise) in - I don't want to write or discuss Items listed there but know what Features are intended to get anytime implemented. Another Thread may Discuss Users Interests in specific Features. Eg. colorizing Items like Login this or that Way is fine but File-Attachment to PM offers to me a higher Value no Matter if the ImplementationWork may be very different. Btw Feature - I remind some Stat-Stuff about new HP-Operation (no Idea what it was in Detail but I like to be able to see how the new HP may attract new Players/Users by its more professional and pleasant Appearance. I think about Stat for Visitors, Visits and Registrations.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-30, 14:10

"List of All pages" is now a new entry in the WIKI menu.

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-07-21, 19:25

We got noticed in IRC that the links to the economy network graphs are not working, for example here: https://wl.widelands.org/wiki/BarbariansPage/

I guess this is related to the server move?

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-07-21, 20:02

Fixed now. The new homepage renamed online_help to wlhelp and we did not fix those links.

Top Quote