Latest Posts

Topic: Editing tribes

pecX

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-04-11, 16:40

Hey,

i´d like to edit some buildings of the tribes. What are essential things i have to be aware of? My goal is to strengthen the AI by giving their tribes a stronger economy. Therefore i´d like to higher the output of their buildings. For example a gold mine wouldn´t only mine one goldore but two or three.

Do i just have to change the numbers in the "conf"-files of the buildings?

Edited: 2012-04-11, 16:45

Top Quote
pecX

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-04-11, 16:58

One question about the mines. One line in the conf-file is "mine=iron 2 33 5" at "working".

What does these numbers mean?

Top Quote
pecX

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-04-11, 18:24

and one last question:

what means: "[aihints]build_material=false / AND "[aihints] is_basic=true""

Edited: 2012-04-11, 18:24

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-04-11, 19:42

pecX wrote:

One question about the mines. One line in the conf-file is "mine=iron 2 33 5" at "working".

What does these numbers mean?

As stated in this thread the first number is the range of the mine, the second how many percent of the resource can be mined till you have to enhance the mine and the last one says how big the cance is to mine something after the resource is depleted. The information you really are looking for (I assume) is the next line with

produce=coal

If you want to higher the output, you should write

produce=coal:2

instead. Remember, that the amount of the resource is given by the map, so the AI would in this case empty the mine spot faster than before. Aaand I don’t think there are different config files for human player and AI, so a change affects you as well. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
pecX

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-04-11, 19:58

"Remember, that the amount of the resource is given by the map, so the AI would in this case empty the mine spot faster than before. Aaand I don’t think there are different config files for human player and AI, so a change affects you as well. Correct me if I’m wrong."

Yes that´s right. I´m just changing i.e. the barbarians while i´m playing imperial-tribe. So i can fight against a stronger AI. But in this case i have to play against barbarians and can´t ever play against a strong imperial-tribe....

I also won´t change the output amount of the mines because of the problem you already said (although i could set the last of the three numbers to "100" so the mine will always find resources even if it is depleted ).

I´ll change i.e. the output amount of the axe-producer. For one coal and one iron they´re producing now 3 axes instead of one - ans so on. So they get a lot more and better soldiers.

Edited: 2012-04-11, 19:59

Top Quote