Latest Posts

Topic: Translatio to Italian

jeawrong

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-01-26, 23:58

Hi, I have interested to help the game with a Italian translation and debug/suggestions for the game, how can I help your project? I play the game on Kubuntu 9.10. Great work and great game face-smile.png

Edited: 2010-01-27, 00:00

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-01-27, 00:06

Hi, any help is appreciated and very welcome.

The wiki page http://wl.widelands.org/wiki/WannaHelp/ shows how you can help, addressing general topics. One of them is translating, find your way from there to the specific pages. Especially http://wl.widelands.org/wiki/TranslatingWidelands/ may be interesting for you. At the moment you'll need a "basic development" environment for translating (SVN client and a tool for the translation format, but no compilers and no C++ development environment),

Suggestions you can discuss on the forum, or in the widelands-public mailing list, or request a feature in the Bugtracker. If you feel like debugging (resolving bugs), the Bugtracker is your source of information.

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-11-26, 11:23

Hi, I would like to help for the italian translation.

My user on launchpad is angelo-locritani

I think we could create the dictionary page for italian, also, and I can help reviewing some of the existing translation, taking in account that sometimes the translation is a bit longer than the english version, so it seems going out of the game windows.

Feel free to PM me for any contact.

edit: found that the italian dictionary page was already there, but the link was missing in the TranslationDictionary page. We can now start using it, if we want

Edited: 2011-11-26, 11:41

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-11-26, 13:40

Hey and welcome to the forum alocritani!

Translation help is much appreciated. About the overflowing text: please open a bug report whenever you see the problem; best be adding a screenshot of the problem as well.

Cheers, SirVer

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-11-26, 14:35

SirVer wrote:

About the overflowing text: please open a bug report whenever you see the problem; best be adding a screenshot of the problem as well.

Hi Sirver, should I open a bug report also if the problem is caused by translation being too long?

Should it be considered a bug because the window should adapt its dimension to the long text?

Thanks

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-11-26, 20:18

Yes, I feel that the window should adapt. It might not be possible in all cases but this should be considered case-by-case.

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-01-31, 13:52

The Italian translation is almost completed ( > 97% translated - only 84 untranslated strings)

At the moment I'm starting to think about the following phase: to make it homogeneous (same term translated in the same way everywhere) and to improve it.

So I've just added a "Free notes" section (in Italian language) in the Italian Dictionary page

This section contains - at the moment - some ideas about translations. Of course if you prefer we can use forum for discussions, but I think that the wiki page can help us to keep the various discussing points ordered.

Another idea would be starting a new topic - or also this topic - where a list of suggestions can be discussed.

What do you think?

Top Quote
oibaf

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-02-04, 19:12

alocritani wrote: The Italian translation is almost completed ( > 97% translated - only 84 untranslated strings) At the moment I'm starting to think about the following phase: to make it homogeneous (same term translated in the same way everywhere) and to improve it. So I've just added a "Free notes" section (in Italian language) in the Italian Dictionary page This section contains - at the moment - some ideas about translations. Of course if you prefer we can use forum for discussions, but I think that the wiki page can help us to keep the various discussing points ordered. Another idea would be starting a new topic - or also this topic - where a list of suggestions can be discussed. What do you think?

Great work, alocritani! I translated part of the game some time ago and noticed that indeed there were many places where the same term was translated differently and some translations were also not appropriate in the contest. Thanks for all this work, your efforts are really appreciated!

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-03-11, 11:46

Today I'm proud to announce that the Italian translation is fully completed!!!!

Other texts will come, mainly from the great work about the in-game help that is currently underway, but nevertheless, this is a great milestone!

With a bit of effort in translating the in-game help, we would have a fully translated build 17!

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-11, 17:39

That is great news indeed! But brace yourself for the online help merge - there will be a lot of stuff to be translated. And some of this will happen before build 17 I suppose.

Top Quote