Latest Posts

Topic: Barbarian Battlearena Revisited

Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-23, 17:00

@ Shevonar
Thanks for jumping in here:
As I understand it, (might be wrong, of course) a possible solution for the problem with the transparent ground here, is indeed to prohibit building at narrow spaces or ones too close to the shoreline. (I don't think changing the water terrain to anything else is a good approach, but please ask somebody more competent!)
If the rules that govern the kind of buildings (big, medium, small) that are allowed on a given map at certain coordinates, need to be changed, it may well also solve the problem outlined in this thread and posting:

http://wl.widelands.org/forum/post/5245/

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-24, 20:33

The new battlearena model ba fainal has been added in rev #5989 to the development trunk.

• Idle and working animation brought out a phenomenon with the textures I had used for the ground, so I replaced those.
  • I also ended up reducing the size to 95% of the working model in order to circumvent as much of the z-layering problem as possible when the building is set on uneven terrain. There will likely still be some incidents of encroachment on the roads, however. If they are severe, I'll make further adjustments.

I believe that wraps up the military buildings that required blender models. It is now on to the civilian sector. face-smile.png

I see little people.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-24, 21:40

Beautiful work!

Top Quote