Latest Posts

Topic: Barbarian Trainingscamp Remodel

chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-20, 18:39

I have added the the new axes to the trainingscamp and tweaked a couple ground elements.
Here is what it looks like: tc4
This change is now in rev #5989 of my personal branch
@Astuur: Good idea about showing the axe heads in relative scale to one another in their menu images. I'll work up a set and post them here soon.

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-20, 19:50

Looked at the latest Trainingscamp inside the game.
It's pretty much finished and flawless for my taste, Chuck.
The space usage is perfect - one of the very smart ideas to use all the space!
(now let's hope we get a solution for the Z-Layer problem; we still have
oxen tails wagging over the fence in the east; we also get carriers resting underneath their grazing oxens; guess they want out of the sun face-smile-big.png
So you did make that tetrahedron in the end! face-smile.png
The tripod form seems quite good, but the axes will probably not be recognized as such; especially in context with the oversized idle.pngs of the delivery. Not at all an easy one...
Maybe some of the grass around the melon-headed training dummies could be exchanged for dirt patches?
But apart from such debatable cosmetics, I can't see much, that could be done better.
The oversized wares seem a bit, well oversized, at 640x480, but I was thankful for the extra pixels at any higher resolution.
Yes, I think that is the way to go for wares that you should be able to spot and discern.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-20, 20:30

As for closeups of the axe heads in sizes relative to one another, what do you think of these as candidates for the axe menu images?

felling_axe fell axe axe sharpaxe sharp broadaxe broad bronzeaxe bronze battleaxe battle warriorsaxe war

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-21, 02:46

Here is a comparison of the menu graphics for the axes. Those in the menu on the left display the entire axe whereas those in the menu on the right are the axe heads sized in relation to each other:
full axe: full axe heads: heads
Have you a preference?

EDIT - These axe head menu graphics have been pushed to rev #5990 of my personal branch along with new graphics for the trainingscamp build and unoccupied states.

Edited: 2011-09-21, 02:56

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-21, 05:11

The new graphics for the Barbarian trainingscamp, plus axe and helmet wares have been pushed to the development trunk in rev #5985.

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-21, 07:20

I am 100% for the heads only version.
But "axe" and "felling axe" are again too hard to discern.
Maybe some leather on the shaft for the axe?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-21, 14:18

Astuur wrote: I am 100% for the heads only version. But "axe" and "felling axe" are again too hard to discern. Maybe some leather on the shaft for the axe?

Done. In the latest rev to the trunk.

Edited: 2011-09-21, 14:18

I see little people.

Top Quote