Latest Posts

Topic: Climate Change?

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-26, 19:22

Sometimes it seems that most of my farmes (or vineyards) seem to harvest quite a bit less than before.
Their efficiency goes down - though I cannot see any reason that would explain this.
Is there any mechanism at work to simulate weather in WL? What else is affected?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-02-26, 20:14

There's no reason why the long-term efficiency should change, unless you somehow block the fields that the farm is operating on. I could imagine that it's just noise. The farm alternates between trying to plant and trying to harvest, and there might be an ebb and flood effect of how many fields are grown how far.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-27, 07:33

Okay -- thanks for the answer. Ebb and flood effect describes nicely what I meant - oscillations of about 10 min game-time.
I had the impression that it is sort of synchronized for certain map areas (and not per farm), but I might be wrong (and probably am, if there is no such mechanism in place). Again, thank you for answering.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-02-27, 11:31

If the farm's working areas overlap slightly, then that could explain this being synchronized by map area.

Top Quote