Latest Posts

Topic: Smelting Works toooooo slow with Atlanteans

teaki

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-02-20, 20:15

Hi,

I have a recommendation for the game. When you play the Atlanteans the mines work faster because 3 miners are working at the same time as well the mine radius is larger. However the Smelting Worker is slow as ever. So for each Copper mine you probably have to build three Smelting Workers to keep up with the miners. I think it would be a good idea to have the possibility to build a fast Smelting Worker (Large House Size) OR expand the current Smelting works building.

Thanks teaki

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-20, 23:58

Hi,

of course you are right, that (when all mines are running at 100%) one smelting works is not enough, however that's the same for the other tribes, so it is normal to build some more smelting works :). Adding another smelting works type building to the Atlanteans is no way for me, while I see the idea to generally higher the buildcosts for the smelting works and making it more effective as problematic - not in later games, but in earlier games, where high build costs can break your neck.

Don't get me wrong I understand, that it could be interesting to change the behavior, but I do not see a real reason to do so, as it just exchanges one small problem with another and in fact those problems are wished in most cases, to make the game more ambitious. face-smile.png

My proposal: Try to play some games and start building 3 smelting works per 2 smiths (perhaps even 5 per 3).

Cheers Nasenbaer

Top Quote
teaki

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-02-21, 02:52

Hi Nasenbaer,

actually I have played more than 20 games with the Atlanteans, all until I was the Monopolist. I get your point that this is part of the game that you need to balance the houses depending on what ressources you need. I just found it a bit strange that I need to plaster a whole valley only with smelting works to keep my smiths working. My games always needed about 4 - 5 smelting houses to keep one smith at 100%.

It was just an idea. I would love to pay more for a more effective and faster smelter because especially in early games space is limited.

Let's see if more people see this problem too. If not - forget about it Thanks teaki

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-21, 08:37

Hi teaki,

that's really strange I normally never build more than 10 or 12 smelting works and am running 5 to 7 smithies ... Are the smithies far away from the smelting works? And/or far away from warehouses / headquarters ? I have to admit, that my smithies are not running at 100% all the time, but my smelting works do neither. And that's just because my mines do not get enough food... face-wink.png

I'm still unsure about the difference between your and my tactics.

Cheers Nasenbaer

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-21, 11:26

You have to face off in a game than to see what the difference is. Saturday perhaps? face-tongue.png

Top Quote
teaki

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-02-21, 14:38

@SirVir,

hehe - maybe sometime face-smile.png

@Nasenbaer,

Well the HQ usually is quite far away from the hills that have copper and coal - but I build regularly wearhouses. Maybe that's an idea to build a warehouse next to my weapen factory valley face-smile.png

Let's see Thanks teaki

Top Quote