Latest Posts

Topic: The recent animations

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-04-28, 11:57

I just switched the resolution down to look at the new animations (Builder, idle worker, Barbarian Farmer). I'd never had thought, that it would change so much of the athmosphere in the game. I especially like the farmers walk - quite a noticible contrast to the carriers! This is great work, and I'm sure many players will be thankful for the improvement. So am I.

If I may make so bold to critize your work in one small aspect... There is one thing, that might not be quite as perfect .. and that is the farmer's straw hat. This looks like brass or gold to me. Maybe if you'd tone the reflectiveness a bit down, brightness a bit up, or choose a less smooth surface pattern, it would look more natural? But of course that's just my opinion, and if you like it the way it is, that's fine with me.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-06-11, 13:27

Astuur wrote: I just switched the resolution down to look at the new animations (Builder, idle worker, Barbarian Farmer). I'd never had thought, that it would change so much of the athmosphere in the game. I especially like the farmers walk - quite a noticible contrast to the carriers! This is great work, and I'm sure many players will be thankful for the improvement. So am I.

Thanks! I'm sorry that it has taken so long for me to respond to your comments. I just saw them.

If I may make so bold to critize your work in one small aspect... There is one thing, that might not be quite as perfect .. and that is the farmer's straw hat. This looks like brass or gold to me. Maybe if you'd tone the reflectiveness a bit down, brightness a bit up, or choose a less smooth surface pattern, it would look more natural?

Yes. I feel that way, too now. Materials are definitely not my forte. I've made it a special point to revisit the barbarian farmer.

I see little people.

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-06-12, 11:43

Even though it adds nothing of value to the discussion, let me just add that I also really like all the new graphics work. Thanks for your great work, Chuck!

Top Quote