Latest Posts

Topic: I think I found a bug

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2019-06-12, 19:53

Winery never stops making wine! It blithely ignores the wine number set in config econ and racks up 100's of wines and never stops. Search didn't find anyting about it being fixed in b20 so I submit it.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-12, 20:09

mxb2001 wrote:

Winery never stops making wine! It blithely ignores the wine number set in config econ and racks up 100's of wines and never stops.

Why is this a bug and not a feature?

Search didn't find anyting about it being fixed in b20 so I submit it.

In build20 there are no economy settings of whine anymore, because they are superfluous. As long as grapes are only useful for whine, economy settings for whine are useless.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-12, 21:12

WorldSavior wrote:

As long as grapes are only useful for whine, economy settings for whine are useless.

tht's the key point. logs are used for planks but also as they are, so there is a reason to stop producing planks when you have enough of them and keep logs. iron requires food to be mined, but so do all the other ores, and the training sites; so once you have enough iron, it makes sense to stop mining it and focus the food on other uses.

But grapes have no use expect making wine. They cannot be used as they are, and they cannot be used for any other ware. So there is no reason to not turn grapes into wine. hence the economy setting was removed recently

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2019-06-13, 00:34

king_of_nowhere wrote: But grapes have no use expect making wine. They cannot be used as they are, and they cannot be used for any other ware. So there is no reason to not turn grapes into wine. hence the economy setting was removed recently

Ah thanks, I guess it was fixed already. Good point that the bug wasn't important, it sure didn't seem terribly important to me but I report everything anyways.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-14, 09:40

Reporting is good face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote