Latest Posts

Topic: Cost table

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-06-05, 17:10

I've just worked out that to make a Barb soldier costs 3 each of wheat, water and meat. To train each level of evade costs 2 more of wheat and water and 1 more of meat. Weapons training costs still more I think level 1 ax is 4 more wheat and water and 1 meat.

So my question is has anyone already made a table for everything?

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-06-05, 17:29

Have a look in the Wiki: Soldierlevels

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-05, 17:37

mxb2001 wrote:

I've just worked out that to make a Barb soldier costs 3 each of wheat, water and meat.

Actually recruting a barbarian soldier can cost you 0 wheat&water.

To train each level of evade costs 2 more of wheat and water and 1 more of meat.

No, more expensive. Evade 1 costs 2.5 wheat and evade 2 costs 4, which is probably too much. Maybe one bread should be replaced by 1 fish/meat.

Weapons training costs still more I think level 1 ax is 4 more wheat and water and 1 meat.

For level 1 ax, 1.5 wheat are enough.

So my question is has anyone already made a table for everything?

No, but "soldier levels" is a good start, even though it's faulty.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-06-07, 02:53

Atlantean basic soldiers seems to cost 4 logs, corn, water and 3 blackroot, fish. Quite a lot more than barbies. Not to mention the huge space needed, at least 4 greens.

The random tribe picker has been crazy for me so far. Out of a dozen half barb, half atl and once empire... Pity, thematically I like Atl best followed closely by the Romans while the Barbs leave me cold.

--

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-07, 04:45

mxb2001 wrote:

Atlantean basic soldiers seems to cost 4 logs, corn, water and 3 blackroot, fish. Quite a lot more than barbies. Not to mention the huge space needed, at least 4 greens.

The random tribe picker has been crazy for me so far. Out of a dozen half barb, half atl and once empire... Pity, thematically I like Atl best followed closely by the Romans while the Barbs leave me cold.

on the oother hand, atlantean soldiers are significantly stronger. if we consider soldiers promoted in evade 2, atlanteans have an even greater advantage. atlanteans also don't have to worry about upgrading breweries before they an start to train soldiers, or upgrading blacksmiths before they can get the stronger promotions. finally, atlantean farms work a bit faster than barbarian ones.

barbarians can use their cheap soldiers to try an early game rush, but if that fails, they are at a disadvantage

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-07, 08:07

mxb2001 wrote:

No: 2.3 logs, 1.7 water, 0.7 fish, 0.3 blackroot, 1.3 corn...

The random tribe picker has been crazy for me so far. Out of a dozen half barb, half atl and once empire...

And what's the probability for this?

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-06-07, 16:16

WorldSavior wrote:

mxb2001 wrote: Atlantean basic soldiers seems to cost 4 logs, corn, water and 3 blackroot, fish. Quite a lot more than barbies. Not to mention the huge space needed, at least 4 greens. No: 2.3 logs, 1.7 water, 0.7 fish, 0.3 blackroot, 1.3 corn...

Thanks, but could you explain?

The random tribe picker has been crazy for me so far. Out of a dozen half barb, half atl and once empire... And what's the probability for this?

Preeety low I imagine. I've been tempted to pick Empire just to learn them better. I suppose, strictly speaking I should concentrate on figuring out 1 tribe but meh, I'd get bored, I love random.

--

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-07, 16:58

mxb2001 wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

mxb2001 wrote: Atlantean basic soldiers seems to cost 4 logs, corn, water and 3 blackroot, fish. Quite a lot more than barbies. Not to mention the huge space needed, at least 4 greens. No: 2.3 logs, 1.7 water, 0.7 fish, 0.3 blackroot, 1.3 corn...

If you start a match with atlanteans, you can press F1 and then you can select "wares", and there you can see how much wares a higher ware costs, and then you can calculate. A new atlantean soldier costs justs a light trident and a white t-shirt face-tongue.png

The random tribe picker has been crazy for me so far. Out of a dozen half barb, half atl and once empire... And what's the probability for this?

Preeety low I imagine.

But still easily possible, I guess. For me it seems like this random choice works fine...

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-07, 19:25

mxb2001 wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

ws is our foremost expert here, but if i recall correctly, here's how it goes:

an atlantean soldier needs a tabard and a light trident.

A tabard is made from spidersilk, which is made with 1 corn and 1 water.

a light trident is made from one iron and one plank. the plank costs 2 logs. the iron is 1 iron ore and 1 coal ore.

here i'm not 100% sure, but I think an atlantean coal mine uses 1 bread and 1 smoked fish to get 3 coal, and an iron mine uses the same to get 2 iron. So you need half a bread and fish for iron, and one third of a bread and fish for coal, totaling 5/6th of bread and fish (0.84 approximately). smoked fish needs 1 fish and half a log, so you spend 0.84 fish and 0.42 logs. bread requires corn flour, blackroot flour, and water, so 0.84 of each of those.

in the end you sum it all to 1.84 corn, 1.84 water, 2.42 logs, 0.84 blackroots, 0.84 fish.

Those numbers are somewhat different from worldsavior's, and he knows them better than I do, so I probably made some mistake on the exact cost of minerals.

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-06-07, 20:05

Ah rats, yeah it's not all 1:1. I see that for some like Atl it makes a big diff. Well I suppose 3 miners should dig more coal, nice that they share the food 3 ways, rotfl...

--

Top Quote