Latest Posts

Topic: Greetings

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2019-05-20, 19:09

Hello, I just started playing this fine game. I've completed the tutorials and campaigns (I only lost the Atlantean campaign on the first try - everyone should do that, it's quite awesome to actually see the ocean waves invading the lake - I misunderstood what I had to build, thought it was a port not a shipyard and had to conquer all around the lakeshore before I realized there was no blue port symbol) and played the Green Plateau (also won on first try). Then tried one of the regular games with artifacts and eked out a narrow win on Through the Mtn Pass with Atlanteans vs Barbs. I reached the 3rd artifact and the iron much later than the Barbs but was fortunate to be able to drive them back and conquer the artifact with my superior trident wielders. That's when it got tricky because I had fewer troops and no iron to build more yet. So I gave up and then afterwards changed my mind and resumed from a autosave because I figured if I can grab my central arti first I'll have 2/3 and win. I hung on vs several Barb assaults (all oddly aimed at my tower in the centre near my arti) and not at the guardhouse I had protecting the 3rd arti - they sent single soldiers walking all through my lands over the mtns to get at it) until I was running out of soldiers and expecting defeat when finally the game credited me with owning 2 artis and I won.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-20, 19:45

Nice to see the popularity of Widelands growing

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc