Latest Posts

Topic: Challenge: Crater as Atlanteans

ixprefect

Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-05-29, 23:34

I'd like to suggest a second challenge similar to hulagutten's earlier one. Beat the map Crater - which is perhaps the prototypical 1v1 map - as Atlanteans, against a Barbarian, AI: Aggressive, as fast as possible. The time stamp of the message about the last military building you destroyed counts (if you destroy the headquarters last, which is kind of unlikely, you can save the game and check the time in the loading screen).

I started doing this to learn playing the atlanteans. So far, I got down to just under one hour (00:59:30-something).

Any takers?

Top Quote
hulagutten

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-05-31, 17:48

I am in, though I have never played Atlanteans before. It would be cool to make this challenge for barbarians as well later, to see how well balanced the game is.

If I manage to beat you, could you then provide me with a debug build of widelands for Windows (7)? I need it in order to convert the first challenge into an Artificial Artificial Intelligence (AAI) player.

Edited: 2010-05-31, 17:51

Top Quote
hulagutten

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-05-31, 18:08

Which build are you playing. I guess your newest warehouse feature will really make a difference, so I suggest using this build.

Top Quote
ixprefect

Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-05-31, 22:02

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm using trunk. I think it's preferable to give it as much testing as possible.

However, Crater is such a small map that I haven't even built a second warehouse in my games so far, so I don't think those new features have made a big difference. The lumberjack (woodcutter for the atlanteans) improvement from a few weeks ago probably makes a bigger difference.

As for Windows 7 binaries, unfortunately I can't help you since I don't have Windows at all. I'm not sure whether cross-compiling would work properly face-confused.png

Top Quote