Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Hacking help needed

kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-11, 20:14

Some immovables do also have the wrong shadow direction... don't know which is currently the correct one...

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
dreieck
Version: -git
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-14, 11:01

Ahoj,

Nordfriese wrote: I´m experimenting with a possible new way to show workareas. I´m trying to display the workarea of a building as a plain-color overlay on triangles instead of displaying it on the nodes. This approach has the advantage over the current system that several visible workareas, as well as visible buildhelp icons, don´t obscure anything when overlapping.

I like it very much!

Also, with this, I would like to be back the behaviour that "show work area" setting defaults to what was set the last time.

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
dreieck
Version: -git
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-14, 11:05

Tribal-Chief wrote:

Um… they´re short and pointing north-northeast… for frisians and all other images…

but they point in another direction, check against trees or rocks, or buildings of other tribes.

Yes, shadows of trees point parallel to the "diagonal" triangle edges. Shadows of frisian flags point a bit more to north (45°?) and are not parallel to the above.

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-14, 11:10

Yes, I see what is meant now… But the shadow direction is the same for frisians and other tribes, only some immovables have a different direction. So I would consider the trees to have the wrong direction, not the buildings.

The media repo contains template files with predefined lighting&shadow settings, which I used for the frisian models. There are no models for the trees though.

Top Quote