Latest Posts

Topic: Playing same colour as the AI

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-01-10, 19:27

It's not only possible to play exciting matches at 3000% of normal speed thanks to the auto_speed-command - it's also possible to play interesting matches where you have the same color/tribe as the AI.

Unfortunately that doesn't work easily in singleplayer or lokal multiplayer - it seems like one has to go into the multiplayer lobby and request the help of someone who is not at the same network. One starts a match (both players pick the same colour) and then the assisting player just leaves the match. Then simply chose "replace player by normal AI" and play that game.

This works only in Widelands versions which are newer than build 19 - and I'm not sure yet if it works every time or if one has to win the game first (which would be obviously a problem). I'm going to find it out....

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-01-12, 18:30

WorldSavior wrote:

This works only in Widelands versions which are newer than build 19 - and I'm not sure yet if it works every time or if one has to win the game first (which would be obviously a problem). I'm going to find it out....

It's tested now - it seems to work only if the match is already won. But maybe it would be a nice feature for the future.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-02-10, 11:44

Sounds like "Shared in" mode to me, unless I misunderstand what you're saying.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-02-14, 16:05

GunChleoc wrote:

Sounds like "Shared in" mode to me, unless I misunderstand what you're saying.

Do you mean with "Shared in" the "Shared Kingdom"? That's not exactly what I mean, because kingdoms require at least two starting points. I also mean to play with one starting point.

By the way, I've discovered now that one can actually play together with the AI some endless games, so why not sharing it here:

1. Open your map in the map editor
  2. Remove all artifacts
  3. Place an artifact near the starting point where you want to start. It should be collected immediately by the headquarter and not disturb the map
  4. Open a Lan/Direct IP match with that map, don't start yet (artifacts win condition)
  5. Open a second widelands window and join your opened match.
  6. Let chose both windows the same color
  7. Start a match, which you win immediately because of the Artifact
  8. Leave with your second window the match
  9. Your second player can get replaced by an AI
  10. Now you play together with the AI. Because the match is already won this can be considered as "endless game"

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-02-15, 09:44

You can play with 1 starting point if there are 2 human players, that's on purpose and another game mode. I don't see anything wrong with sharing a slot with an AI, although we should decide what we want here and make the UI behaviour consistent between new games and savegames.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote