Latest Posts

Topic: Possible Frisian bug

Ex-Member
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-11-09, 10:45

I noticed yesterday that for several work cycles the Frisian brick kiln consumed wares but produced no bricks.

I am not certain if this is a bug or something with my setup or if it affects other producer and other tribes.

In this case I was short of bricks, mainly as I had not expanded far enough to mine coal. I was building a new woodcutter and as I had an excess of barly decided to start a baker and a well to supply him, it was then I noticed the brick shortage and reduced the demand for all building sites to 0 bricks and I removed the road to the bakery so the builder would miss it out of the buils list, the woodcutter brick requirement was left at 1 as logs were needed for coal production. I reduced log uses so the charcoal burner was getting well supplied and every few minutes coal went to the kiln, the coal, clay and stone were consumed but nothing was produced. Eventually the blacksmith made a hammer and I got a second builder who demolished a military site to free some bricks, but still no bricks were being produced. I reconnected the bakery build site to the economy and bricks were produced again.

It seems as if the production site had allocated its next production to a site that was removed before the wares were actually created. As the site still existed it stayed at the top of the demand list although it was not in the economy with the producer so the wares had nowhere to go and were 'lost.' The same problem could occur with other building wares producers and could occur in other tribes, but may rely on exact timing to create the bug, disconnecting a buiding after the ware is produced means it gets reallocated, before some point in the production cycle means it is allocated to somewhere that is connected, there may only be a very short period where the bug could appear, perhaps milliseconds?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-11-10, 09:16

This might be a symptom of the transportation bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1797213

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-11-10, 10:02

I am not sure if it is connected the that bug, but it is something introduced in the the last few months I think. The transport bug shows the ware and presumably lists it in the wares stats, with what I encountered the wares are not displayed or counted. I did notice that it occurred again later when there were no supply problems and not building queues were stopped or disconnected, so that part of the initial observation may not be relevant. Once the stock of clay ran out and the kiln stopped work due to missing clay the bug seemed to stop and dis not return, although I did not watch the kiln operating constantly for 8 hours face-grin.png

Top Quote