GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-24, 12:34

Fix should be merged soon.

WorldSavior wrote:

New regressions bugs in trunk:

Replays don't work properly anymore - at least sometimes

If one opens the chat window and if there is already a message, the sound of chat-messages is triggered

Filed: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1794063

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-24, 13:34

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

If one opens the chat window and if there is already a message, the sound of chat-messages is triggered

Actually chat has nothing to do with replays. I mentioned two different bugs. Replays often just stop and cannot continued to be watched. :-( (Especially replays of collectors mode and maybe other win conditions as well? (I mainly play collectors if I don't play autocrat, so I'm not sure))

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2018-09-26, 00:55

Found a bug in 8850. I moved all wares out of a tavern. The worker started moving the wares and somehow got stuck while entering the building, so no further wares were moved . Happened with 2 taverns but I was not able to reproduce this. Has someone else noticed such behavior?

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-09-26, 10:16

Possibly this is just a temporary busy flag. Emptying a building of wares can flood the flag with more than 10 wares very quickly, especially if the flag is on a road near it's capacity. Did you notice any carriers on the connecting roads who were also queued? If this was the case it usually resolves itself after a few minutes. If it was caused by a bug then a save game might help someone resolve the problem.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-26, 18:33

WorldSavior wrote:

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Actually chat has nothing to do with replays. I mentioned two different bugs. Replays often just stop and cannot continued to be watched. :-( (Especially replays of collectors mode and maybe other win conditions as well? (I mainly play collectors if I don't play autocrat, so I'm not sure))

Oops, I have changed the bug description.

Replays with Lua scripting can get fragile - it's the reason that there are no scenario replays. So, it's probably something in the collectors win condition that's causing the problem.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2018-09-26, 21:02

Tinker wrote:

Possibly this is just a temporary busy flag. Emptying a building of wares can flood the flag with more than 10 wares very quickly, especially if the flag is on a road near it's capacity. Did you notice any carriers on the connecting roads who were also queued? If this was the case it usually resolves itself after a few minutes.If it was caused by a bug then a save game might help someone resolve the problem.

Probably just this.

Top Quote
ypopezios
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-09-26, 21:43

Tinker wrote:

Possibly this is just a temporary busy flag. Emptying a building of wares can flood the flag with more than 10 wares very quickly, especially if the flag is on a road near it's capacity. Did you notice any carriers on the connecting roads who were also queued? If this was the case it usually resolves itself after a few minutes. If it was caused by a bug then a save game might help someone resolve the problem.

That makes sense. Just to note that the limit of wares stored on a flag is maximum 8 (while the type of the ware can push that down to 6), but for a worker emptying his building it goes down to 4.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-26, 23:22

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Oops, I have changed the bug description.

Ok

Replays with Lua scripting can get fragile - it's the reason that there are no scenario replays. So, it's probably something in the collectors win condition that's causing the problem.

Autocrat is also broken

ypopezios wrote: Just to note that the limit of wares stored on a flag is maximum 8 (while the type of the ware can push that down to 6),

Really? Could you please give detailed informations about which wares are the "big" ones?

but for a worker emptying his building it goes down to 4.

That's surprising, i didn't know that...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-27, 09:24

WorldSavior wrote:

ypopezios wrote: Just to note that the limit of wares stored on a flag is maximum 8 (while the type of the ware can push that down to 6),

Really? Could you please give detailed informations about which wares are the "big" ones?

That's because of the new anti-congestion algorithm. The "big" ones are the ones that are currently frequently transported at that particular flag; the ware type is not hard-coded.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
ypopezios
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-09-27, 09:48

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

That's because of the new anti-congestion algorithm. The "big" ones are the ones that are currently frequently transported at that particular flag; the ware type is not hard-coded.

The "size" (or rather congestion-risk) of a ware's type is indeed decided on-the-spot by the anti-congestion algorithm, which is responsible only for the limit of 6. On the other hand, the limit of 4 for emptying a building has always been in the code and I left it untouched.

Top Quote