Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: 4 (small) suggestions to make the game look more awesome

Vantalk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2018-07-28, 07:57

I have just picked up this game and am pretty impressed, but I have also quickly noticed small things missing.

1. The text font used in the campaign story is just Arial and that doesn't feel immersive. Changing to something more depicting of the story would leave a better impact when playing. (Maybe also set text align to justify if possible)
  2. Keybindings are not listed in the game anywhere. Would be nice to have them at least in Options in main menu.
  3. Zoom in. I could not find a zoom function to closer look on the people.
  4. On S2 I would loop a song or choose one manually. It would be nice to be able to do that and keep playing on your favorite in game song.

Thank you for creating this game!

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-07-28, 09:15

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself face-smile.png

1. Actually, it's DejaVu. The choice of free fonts that have a good character coverage for multiple languages is rather small. There are plans to make it possible for users to tweak the font style, but that will not happen before Build 21.
  2. Yes they are: In-game Tribal Encyclopedia -> Controls
  3. Already implemented in the current development version. We now need to do something about the graphics quality when zoomed in, which is currently targeted for Build 21.
  4. Allowing to skip songs would also be a nice feature - if you know how to program, patches welcome face-wink.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-07-28, 11:24

Vantalk wrote:

4 . On S2 I would loop a song or choose one manually. It would be nice to be able to do that and keep playing on your favorite in game song.

Most of the songs are online somewhere. So at least you could choose them there, and there are also loop-features.

Edited: 2018-07-28, 11:25

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Vantalk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2018-07-28, 20:26

Cool. Glad to hear on the progress! @WorldSavior Yeah, but making the functionality in game prevents breaking immersion when you decide to change a song.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-07-28, 21:12

Vantalk wrote:

@WorldSavior Yeah, but making the functionality in game prevents breaking immersion when you decide to change a song.

Okay, I see what you mean. It's true that it would be a nice-to-have if one could have more control over the music tracks.

At least one can now turn off music and turn it on again, and a randomly chosen track will start.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Vantalk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2018-07-28, 21:23

Thank you for the tip

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking