Latest Posts

Topic: Consruction sites not reordering

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-03-16, 19:01

Today I stumbled across some other quirk. When you are in the process of erecting some building and per chance delete one of the wares needed for your building, it seems to never get re-requested. Such things can happen, when you delete a flag trying to re-structure your roads while transportation is going on.

It seems the construction site will then for ever patiently wait for some ware, that will never arrive.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2009-03-17, 00:10

I have seen constructionsites that wait forever for something that exists in their economy.

But now I could not reproduce what you describe. I tried to build a fisher's_hut and destroy the flag on the road to it when a trunk was there. But when I built a new connection the constructionsite requested a new trunk and completed.

We need a savegame to reproduce the bug. Please send a game that can be started (paused) and then a flag destroyed so that the bug happens. Preferably you should pause the game and give the flag destruction command. Then save (without unpausing). The flag destruction command will be saved with the game and executed when the game is loaded and unpaused.

If you can not produce that but have a replay, it would probably work too.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-03-17, 07:55

sigra wrote:

But now I could not reproduce what you describe. I tried to build a fisher's_hut and destroy the flag on the road to it when a trunk was there. But when I built a new connection the constructionsite requested a new trunk and completed. We need a savegame to reproduce the bug. Please send a game that can be started (paused) and then a flag destroyed so that the bug happens. Preferably you should pause the game and give the flag destruction command. Then save (without unpausing). The flag destruction command will be saved with the game and executed when the game is loaded and unpaused. If you can not produce that but have a replay, it would probably work too.

I just tried to reproduce this with a small economy, but failed. I had the idea, that you might need warehouses (not the headquarters) to show the behavior, but even when I cut the road to the headquaters, everything still worked fine and my building was finished. So there probably are additional preconditionions that must be met in order to show this bug. I'll keep at it.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
madtumat

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-03-24, 18:03

I have had this condition sometimes as well. If I wait too long for a small building, I destroy the site and start over. However, sometimes I need a building to advance in the game, and this behavior is annoying at said point. I do not know which save games these would be, but if it happens again, I will try to remember to send one!

Maddy

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-03-26, 07:27

I tried again to reproduce this. Seems like a traffic jam is also needed to result in unfinishable buildings waiting endlessly for some ware. Maybe some kind of overflow situation? The last time I saw this my roads were totally stuffed in some parts of the map and the game was running at slide show speed. I'll keep a lookout for this.

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2009-04-02, 18:02

Could it be that there is none of the needed ware type and when some is produced, it is not matched against the idle request? I hope that someone is able to find a situation where this can be reproduced.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-04, 19:24

sigra wrote: Could it be that there is none of the needed ware type and when some is produced, it is not matched against the idle request? I hope that someone is able to find a situation where this can be reproduced.

I keep looking for it, but it has not happened since. I think it only happens in conjunction with a jam situation. I wonder how such situations are being managed by the program. When wares are on their way, is the delivering task finished already for the sytem, or is there a sort of final feedbsack when it arrives at the construction site?

Top Quote