Latest Posts

Topic: uploaded some maps

teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2018-02-20, 19:15

WorldSavior wrote:

GunChleoc wrote:

They also need to build Crystal mines to get precious stones - quarries won't do it.

This reminds me at the fact that crystal mines are bugged. If they don't find any resources, their probability to produce quartz or diamond is far less than the desired 5%.

This might (=did not try) be quite easy to make the situation slightly better:

• mine_granite program is executed only if economy needs granite, else skipped. Currently, the miner attempts to mine granite if granite or quartz are missing.

• mine_quartz program is executed only if economy needs quartz, else skipped. Currently, the miner attempts to mine quartz if granite or quartz are missing.

• mine_diamond is executed only if economy needs diamond, else skipped. Currently, the miner attempts to mone diamonds if granite or diamond are missing.

If the first program fails (95% odds after trying on depleted mine), the next steps are not considered.

If the miner would skip more programs, the 5% odds would be spared to the correct step in the production program.

The downside would be that the mines would be somewhat slower, as more steps would be skipped.

Even after this change, if the economy lacks everything, mostly granite would come out of the crystal mine.

Top Quote
Speter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2018-02-21, 00:41

Speter wrote:

I've just uploaded a couple of maps!

• islands 6

Islands 6 is a maze, in addition to racing to the centre, there are a number of places where building a castle (or similar) can block the opposition.

In case anyone wants a bit of 'help' with "islands 6", the image below colours each island so you can understand the maze. face-smile.png

https://i.imgur.com/T0Vojnh.png

The remaining green island links the 2 gold-bearing islands.

Edited: 2018-11-30, 09:13

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-02-21, 16:03

Let's continue the Crystalmine discussion in https://wl.widelands.org/forum/topic/4212/

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Speter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2018-02-26, 08:24

I've uploaded another map - "diagonal grid maze 4". It looks quite boring on the mini-map...

The diagram below 'explains' the map (I hope). The numbers are the 'tile-distance' from the headquarters. As you can see, the map is symmetrical.

The black lines show places where you can cross to the next "tile". face-smile.png

Finally, you might like to download an image of the map, but note that it is 5.94 MB (2282x1223px). I find this map useful - I have a dual-screen setup.

Top Quote