Latest Posts

Topic: Animals escaping

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-07-18, 15:10

GunChleoc wrote:

You are right, the balance would be changed a bit because the hunters won't turn completely useless once all game is exhausted (as long as there are no Barbarians around to poach from...).

Yes, for example

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2018-01-28, 08:01

I like this idea, too.

What about horses, oxen, donkeys? At least, we have graphics.

Edited: 2018-01-28, 08:40

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-28, 12:18

teppo wrote:

What about horses, oxen, donkeys? At least, we have graphics.

Do you really want that the cute little horses and donkeys are slaugthered by hunters?

And it would be a little bit illogical that the empire would still need piggeries in that case, if you understand what I mean. They don't need hunters, but they need more space and marble columns than donkeyfarms+hunters .

Should every free running carrier animal be hunt-able in your opinion?

Edited: 2018-01-28, 12:30

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2018-01-28, 13:30

WorldSavior wrote:

Do you really want that the cute little horses and donkeys are slaugthered by hunters?

Horses taste better than foxes. Of giant spiders I do not know.

And it would be a little bit illogical that the empire would still need piggeries in that case, if you understand what I mean. They don't need hunters, but they need more space and marble columns than donkeyfarms+hunters .

The original suggestion mentioned sheep, too. I understood that the probability of animal escaping would be a marginal thing. If marginal translates to something below 1%, that would not make the need for piggeries to go away.

I did not have that in mind. Could be invasive, coding-wise. How many working cycles would a hunter have, before all the carrier animals are gone after warehouse burning?

The biggest problem with edible carrier animals would imo be explaining away why the well behaving ones are out of bounds when the nation is short of food.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-28, 20:31

teppo wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Horses taste better than foxes. Of giant spiders I do not know.

face-grin.png

Okay, but if atlanteans could eat horses it would be weird if they are still dependent of fish and wild animals...

And maybe horses are holy animals for atlanteans?

The original suggestion mentioned sheep, too. I understood that the probability of animal escaping would be a marginal thing. If marginal translates to something below 1%, that would not make the need for piggeries to go away.

Not practically, you're right about that, but theoretically? I would ask myself why my empire needs piggeries if it's cheaper to eat only donkeys...

I did not have that in mind. Could be invasive, coding-wise. How many working cycles would a hunter have, before all the carrier animals are gone after warehouse burning?

Less than ten maybe? But it's also possible to build a donkey-farm+farms+wells together and cut the connections of that. This will produce freely running donkeys.

The biggest problem with edible carrier animals would imo be explaining away why the well behaving ones are out of bounds when the nation is short of food.

Yes, that's what I mean with "illogical that the empire would still need piggeries"

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2018-01-29, 05:42

WorldSavior wrote:

(about free running carrier animals)

Less than ten maybe? But it's also possible to build a donkey-farm+farms+wells together and cut the connections of that. This will produce freely running donkeys.

Wonderful idea. You would need a lot of empty space with no flags nearby, though, else the animals find a flag and stops being free-running. The hunter is not that fast.

Maybe drawing some spiders is easier than fixing this mess.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-29, 12:27

teppo wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

(about free running carrier animals)

You would need a lot of empty space with no flags nearby, though, else the animals find a flag and stops being free-running.

Yes, I know

The hunter is not that fast.

I think that he is fast enough if the space is big enough

Top Quote