Latest Posts

Topic: Weapon reuse?

Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-20, 12:30

Look at special types for each tribe like here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/trunk/view/head:/data/tribes/barbarians.lua#L281

I would add an entry for recycling centres, though now when Im looking at that, there are no "special buildings" in the file, so perhaps this must be discussed with Gun if this is possible....

Anyway I believe you got what I mean..

EDIT:

Oh, I am blind! there is the line:

barracks = "barbarians_barracks",

so the same thing for recycling centre should be possible..

Edited: 2017-12-20, 12:31

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-12-20, 15:53

I was just testing the branch with recycle centres and armour recyclers. AI built and used both buildings, except Barbarians who do not use armour, so I am not sure if anything needs to be done, aparting balancing and graphics of course.

The recycle centre and the armour recycler have different inputs from each other and different outputs, they are different buildings with different purposes.

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-20, 20:52

So you say there can be more then one type of recycler in a tribe - good to know, because then my approach is not possible.

Changes to AI are not necessary, but AI should know somehow that this particular kind of building will never have inputs covered by producers, because some producers (trainingsites) are not recognized as producers.... this is not optimal...

EDIT:

I can imagine that you will have your branch merged, and then I will prepare some follow-up changes...

BTW: Can we define recyclers as productionsites where all inputs are wares produced exclusively by trainingsites? That way the AI would be able to "calculate" which productionsites are normal and which are recyclers. And no need to deal with configuration files...

Edited: 2017-12-20, 21:35

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-12-21, 10:14

The recycling plants aslo use coal to smelt metal so not all inputs are from training sites.

My hope is to get this branch merged but initially there are some differences of opinion about whether to include this feature or not. This branch is mainly for people to test the principle and give feedback about the balance or imbalance they think it introduces. If it meets with general approval then I can work on the graphics side and produce specific buildings and animations instead or reusing existing ones. This would be the time to check AI use better, I think, instead of spending time now on something that may be rejected.

Edited: 2017-12-21, 10:14

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-21, 10:29

Tinker wrote:

The recycling plants aslo use coal to smelt metal so not all inputs are from training sites.

OK, no problem, we can change the definition: Recycling site is site that has at least one input that is produced exclusively in trainingsites. No problem from coding point of view.

My hope is to get this branch merged but initially there are some differences of opinion about whether to include this feature or not. This branch is mainly for people to test the principle and give feedback about the balance or imbalance they think it introduces. If it meets with general approval then I can work on the graphics side and produce specific buildings and animations instead or reusing existing ones. This would be the time to check AI use better, I think, instead of spending time now on something that may be rejected.

Maybe the buildings can be blacklisted by default, so common users will not see them. And can be a part of new starting condition

Top Quote