Latest Posts

Topic: Empire Mission 4

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-04, 22:38

hi
could need some help. is there any way to identify whether a specific building window has been opened. This means is there any attribute like the building name or the workers name accesible via lua.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-05, 14:27

All building windows are just called "building_window" at the moment, so no. Could be implemented though.

Do you need the building name (e.g. "barbarians_well") or a specific building's window (via serial number)?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-05, 17:56

Found a workaround which works. Would be more elegant to check for the building name though. If implemented this could be used for the economic tutorial as well. Will upload new revision with my workaround this evening. Need to implement one additional thing first.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-05, 21:13

ok everybody
Just uploaded a new revision with following changes:
- objective to recover farmplans now triggered if player opens the farm building window. after 8 minutes amalea reminds to do so.
- deleted the farms from the first objective cause the farms don't deliver any building material.
- if building menu (actionfieldwindow with tab small) is opened when first objective is active Amalea explains why only lumberjacks could be build.
- improved dialogues to reflect the above changes

feedback would be still very welcome

regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-08, 20:54

Building 3 Lumberjacks and 2 Quarrys did not work, because i had not enough logs. I can get 7 Logs from dismantling but need 9 logs and some planks to build the number of buildings. Maybe add a sentence to the 'dismantle objective' that immediately at least one lumberjack should be build? I didn't remember i had this problem in the first version. Maybe i have started building a Lumberjack as first, as usual.

It's unclear to me if finding the plans for farms will make it possible to dismantle the old farms instead of destroying them. I remember in the first version i just destroyed them without getting annoyed by the things amalea says. Not sure though.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-08, 23:06

I wanted to leav it to the player whether he will produce logs and planks first or getting the ressources by dismantling other buildings. Should be not that strictly given what to do at least the player has played 3 scenarios and eventually some tutorials yet.
it is not possible to dismantle them after the plans have been found they need to be destroyed. Can't change this cause it is fixed during tribe loading. first the message was triggered after destroying the first farm now it is triggered when openeing the building window of one of them for the first time.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-29, 14:13

hessenfarmer wrote:

(PS: managed the map today in 10 hours gametime still making some mistakes, anybody to beat me? ;-))

I discovered the scenario now in trunk and played it for the first time - without knowing before what's going on there. I needed 6 hours and 10 minutes to win face-smile.png

I like this scenario, thanks a lot for creating it face-smile.png

Some Feedback:

• "Enhance your Colosseum to an Arena" - funny mistake face-wink.png

• Some people might not know that "heroes" means the same as "fully promoted soldiers" or something like this

Edited: 2017-12-29, 18:43

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-29, 23:44

*WorldSavior

I discovered the scenario now in trunk and played it for the first time - without knowing before what's going on there. I needed 6 hours and 10 minutes to win face-smile.png

Ok now we have a benchmark.

Thanks I really appreciate this.

Some Feedback:

Damn. So many rounds of proofreading and we did not find this. Thanks for reporting. Perhaps next time you could test the next scenario a little bit earlier. Would probably help to improve and avoid such mistakes. Would love to have your feedback.

• Some people might not know that "heroes" means the same as "fully promoted soldiers" or something like this

Good point will try to fix this as well.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-02, 12:54

hessenfarmer wrote:

*WorldSavior

Ok now we have a benchmark.

If I would have known what is to do, I would have been probably faster face-wink.png

Thanks I really appreciate this.

Some Feedback:

Damn. So many rounds of proofreading and we did not find this. Thanks for reporting.

You're welcome. There is a lot of text, so mistakes are not surprising

Perhaps next time you could test the next scenario a little bit earlier. Would probably help to improve and avoid such mistakes. Would love to have your feedback.

Well, I don't use Launchpad...

By the way, the scenario map contains rocks with snow on it. Looks not logical in my opinion face-wink.png

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-02, 22:13

WorldSavior wrote:

Well, I don't use Launchpad...

Well, you don't have to necessarily. You could just download the mission file from the launchpad homepage directly, or I could send it to you via PM if you ask me to do so. Or I could provide the data dir on my dropbox. So if you are willing to test any further mission of me, we could find a solution.

By the way, the scenario map contains rocks with snow on it. Looks not logical in my opinion face-wink.png

Indeed that would not be locgical, but I haven't created any in empire 04. I really did recheck the whole map.
Are you sure you saw this in empire 04 named "surprise, surprise"? If yes please give me the coordinates to correct it.

Top Quote