Latest Posts

Topic: Ending the terror of sheeps and deers ;-)

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-31, 17:00

I think that the sounds of sheeps and deers are very annoying. I tried to get rid of them by changing the files, but as a result, playing online was not possible anymore because of "host and client have become asynchron".

So I think that the game would be better if they wouldn't make sounds like that, or if you could manage in the options that they wouldn't make that.

Keep in mind: They are two of the sorts of animals which are created by barbarian game keepers. If you play with an AI it gets even worse because the AI really likes to spam game keepers...

I know at least one other person who also hates some of the sheep sounds...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-31, 17:29

Are they too loud, or do they happen too often?

• In the first case, we can reduce the sound volume in the files.
  • In the second case, we need to do some coding changes.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-31, 17:45

I usually playing with a reduced volume of sound effects, so that the sound effects are more like a tapestry of sound, quiet but hearable.

The sounds are difficult to handle. We had this discussion some months ago. I think to make the sounds fit with the taste of every player, there has to be more sound volume options, like "Worker sounds", "Animal sounds". See also this thread and post

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-31, 18:41

kaputtnik wrote:

The sounds are difficult to handle. We had this discussion some months ago. I think to make the sounds fit with the taste of every player, there has to be more sound volume options, like "Worker sounds", "Animal sounds". See also this thread and post

This thread and this discussion... Seems to be familiar... Who created it? Well... face-tongue.png

Whatsoever... I wrote there:

In Build 19, there is a new feature: "Enable or disable sounds of messages", but if you also disable sounds, messages are always silent.

So maybe I should point out here that this is a bug. Why? I think that you should hear messages always if you activate "sound of messages", even if you deactivate "sound effects".

If that bug would be fixed, everything would be fine for me, because I would activate only message sounds, no problem for me.

EDIT: By testing I found out that the sound of a chat message doesn't count as a "sound of a message", but as a "sound effect". So I would not like to disable "sound effects" if this other bug (if it is a bug) is not fixed...

But I'm also thinking about those who like the sound effects, but not the animal sounds. And about beginners of the game who want to get a first impression face-wink.png

GunChleoc wrote:

Are they too loud, or do they happen too often?

• In the first case, we can reduce the sound volume in the files.
  • In the second case, we need to do some coding changes.

Both is the case. But there are more reasons: The deer sounds always annoying. And some of the sheep-sounds are also just annoying...

Edited: 2017-05-31, 18:48

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-01, 17:37

WorldSavior wrote:

So maybe I should point out here that this is a bug.

Well, you don't need to defend your position, as we already agree that we want this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1660544

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-01, 21:02

Oh, sorry. I just forgot that :-$ But at least I pointed out now that chat messages are not yet in the category "messages" face-tongue.png

Top Quote