Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs

king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-08, 20:52

kaputtnik wrote:

I can see the crazy soldier face-smile.png After the green player destroys the sentry the blue soldier is attacking, the blue soldier walks back to the castle. Now one of the green soldiers follows him, stops walking and fighting the air a bit on the border. Then the blue soldier comes back and both soldiers do a normal fight.

I've noticed this behavior several times. I never tought of it as a bug face-shock.png

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-28, 11:58

I´m not sure if this is known already: I have noticed a bug in the editor.

The map options window is almost unuseable. If I enter a few lines of text, the input becomes really slow (about 30 seconds per character), and eventually widelands doesn´t respond at all and I have to force-close it. The system monitor shows that widelands suddenly consumes all available RAM (2 GB) and the entire swap memory (before opening the map options it used ~20 MiB and no swap). The space isn´t freed when I close the map options dialogue, only when I exit widelands. I found this bug in current trunk (both debug and release) but not in build19.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-28, 17:16

I have filed a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1687043

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-05, 19:13

Some more bugs in current trunk (daily PPA for Ubuntu 17.04, latest update a few hours ago; I´m not sure whether these bugs are known already):

• Sometimes, when a buildings finishes constructions, its window appears although I did not click the building and the window was not open before. Sometimes, the building is not even visible on the screen. There seems to be no pattern whether a window opens or not.

• The game quite frequently crashes with a non-reproducable Speicherzugriffsfehler. The normal output does not provide any further information, and I did not yet get this while playing with the --verbose option.

• If I zoom out and then back in, the graphics of buildings, immovables etc. sometimes start looking a bit verwaschen (sorry, I don´t know the English word for this). This is unhealthy for the eyes and I cannot continue playing much longer.

• When saving over an old file, the confirmation dialog pops up. I usually press Ctrl-S, then twice Enter – Open Save Dialog, Save, Confirm. If I press Enter too fast the second time, Widelands crashes and the resulting savegame is broken ("Incompatible" according to the Load Game screen).

• In the editor, the Save Map window is not always closed after saving the map. The Enter button does not work for the OK button.

• In the editor, the placed resources sometimes are no longer visible and do not reappear without restarting the editor.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-05, 21:42

Nordfriese wrote:

• Sometimes, when a buildings finishes constructions, its window appears although I did not click the building and the window was not open before. Sometimes, the building is not even visible on the screen. There seems to be no pattern whether a window opens or not.

Sounds like bug Building window changes its assigned window

• The game quite frequently crashes with a non-reproducable Speicherzugriffsfehler. The normal output does not provide any further information, and I did not yet get this while playing with the --verbose option.

Yes there are some randomly seeming crashes listet here

• If I zoom out and then back in, the graphics of buildings, immovables etc. sometimes start looking a bit verwaschen (sorry, I don´t know the English word for this). This is unhealthy for the eyes and I cannot continue playing much longer.

Never get that. Can you explain some more? How far did you zoom out in? Do you use the hotkeys?

Maybe you should use gdb since you are already running Ubuntu. But i am not sure how to use it with the ppa, or if the ppa provide a debug build at all.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-06, 09:02

The graphics problem: When zooming out (with the mousewheel), I only zoom out so far that the building names are still visible (until they disappear and then a bit in again). The automatic zoom jumping for animated movement on the map can also cause this. When zooming in, I use the Ctrl-0 hotkey to reset zoom.

I do not always get the bad graphics after resetting zoom, and never in the editor. The graphics start looking like, when you open a digital image and magnify it so you don´t see the whole picture but the single points. I think blurred or fuzzy is the word I´m looking for. (I just can´t express this in English, sorry! In German: Die Bilder sehen sehr verschwommen aus, man erkennt die einzelnen Pixel, und das verursacht Migräne.)

About the crash: Even with --verbose, there is no further information. I´ll try to run Widelands with gdb to get a backtrace for the crash.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-06, 09:26

The problem that you are having with the zoom is that we only have the graphics available at the 1:1 resolution - we will need to implement

• support for animation scaling so that we can have higher-resolution graphics (done, check out the Barbarian Warehouse, which we're using as a test case),
  • spritemaps to reduce the file size (work has started) and
  • mipmaps (no-one working on this yet).

Then we need to export the graphics from Blender again - since the buildings' roof textures won't behave for me, somebody who knows Blender well will need to do that.

To make a long story short, Ctrl+0 is your friend.

I have created new bug reports for the bottom 3 issues.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1696062

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1696063

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1696064

And no, the PPA does not provide a debug build.

Edited: 2017-06-06, 09:27

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-06, 21:06

Nordfriese: Can you provide a screenshot of a fuzzy zoom? Shortcut: Strg + F11 grabs the entire screen as a picture in a 'screenshot' subdirectory under .widelands/ You can upload it to a filehoster like http://imgbb.com/ or similar.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-07, 08:57

I don't think there's a need for a screenshot. I see it too, because I'm sensitive to stuff like that as well. It's not a bug per se, just that we need some added functionality to make it look crisp as I explained in my post above.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-07, 15:45

I´m not sure what you meant about Ctrl-0 in your previous post. The graphics are fuzzy even after resetting zoom to normal with Ctrl-0.

These screenshot show what it normally looks like and what is looks like after some zooming and then resetting to normal with Ctrl-0.

Before Zooming

After Zooming

(Yes, not quite the same place on the map) Just compare the trees, workers or buildhelp icons. The wheat fields and the Reed Yard are particularly blurred. When Widelands starts looking like that, I get a headache within five minutes and have to stop playing.

Top Quote