Latest Posts

Topic: scenario AI

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-06, 21:31

Hi
@ kaputtnik: then we need to crosscheck which branch will be merged first. But adopting my scripts to use the global functions would be not that difficult.
@ Tinker: sorry wasn't aware I gave you a limited link to my dropbox. have sent you a pm with the link to my public folder. to read the text the DL from my dropbox will be sufficient. to play test you need a build containing the two branches created by GunChleoc introducing new interface to the economy and the one to hide fields completely. Just thought if you would use windows os you could use the appveyor development build of my branch. So probably you will have to wait for a merge into trunk to playtest. I would be very content to have your comments on the texts.lua in advance anyway. Just tell us how you would prefer to proceed.
@ GunChleoc: I would be more than happy if you or somebody else could test / proofread the scenario once more.

best regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-07, 21:58

hessenfarmer wrote:

@ kaputtnik: then we need to crosscheck which branch will be merged first. But adopting my scripts to use the global functions would be not that difficult.

I think we should first merge the "hide fields" branch once it is approved. After that your branch should be merged. My "animations" branch can then contain the necessary changes to all tutorials/campaigns including removing the 'animation' code which you have implemented so far in your branch face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-08, 00:07

agreed
that gives us time for preparation of translation
the code inside my branch is solely in the helper_functions.lua and is using the code line you posted in this thread

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-08, 21:59

Regarding to the pieces of Neptunes shrine i think about to show them in a new window after Saledus talks about them. Something like that:

special window

What do you think about that?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-08, 23:39

I like that pretty much.
how could this be done? I thought a couple of times it would be nice to have an image like that in the objectives window to have a look a it. would be fine if this would be possible as well.
If you know how to do it just update the branch and let me see how it would look like

one little thing you duplicated the wrong artifact: the one with the omega is there 2 times in the map and the one with ying / yang symbol is there 2 times in the map.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-09, 11:54

I think showing two images in one message_box window isn't possible. Maybe GunChleoc can give advice to that ( every time i am struggling with the rt functions face-grin.png ).

I've updated the branch:

1. added the image (with corrected artifacts)
  2. added code to show the image in an extra window directly after Saledus speaks of them

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-10, 12:43

Multiple images are no problem - have a look at the "speech" functions to steal the RT code. The Military tutorial is also using multiple images for explaining the soldier attributes, and the Barbarian scenario 1 for the Resource markers.

I am planning to improve the richtext documentation, but I'm waiting with that until we have finished switching to the new font renderer - here will be some changes to the syntax, and I don't want to write the documentation twice.

Edited: 2017-04-10, 12:44

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-10, 21:21

Ok, i think i am close to understand the RT code and managed it this way now:

example2

Code:

saledus_8 = {
   title=_"Pleasing Neptune",
   body= saledus4(_"Saledus is very sad and anxious…",
      -- TRANSLATORS: Saledus
      _([[Sire, we are making good progress to get home eventually. But there is one thing I need to talk about:]])
      .. paragraphdivider() ..
      _([[As we have seen on our last journey it is of great importance that the gods and especially Neptune are in a good mood to guard our journey.]])
      .. paragraphdivider() ..
      _([[Unfortunately we lost our holy shrine of Neptune in the great storm, so we can't worship him well. I think we should search the whole region to see if we can recover the shrine with all its 6 pieces.]]))
      .. text_line("","To ease up the search I made some models of the pieces as you can see. You can give them to our soldiers and sailors to look for them.","map:artifacts_models.png")
       .. new_objectives(obj_find_artifacts),
   posy=1,
   h=500,
}

Just replaced the last pragraphdivider() with the function text_line(). For comparison see the original part

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-22, 13:13

I have done a first round of proofreading.

Edited: 2017-04-22, 13:14

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-22, 19:02

The remaining new functions have hit trunk now (bzr8339), so this scenario can be dropped into a nightly build soon without the need for a full download of the extra branch.

Edited: 2017-04-22, 19:02

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote