Latest Posts

Topic: scenario AI

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-28, 08:33

You can get the list of building descriptions with player.tribe.buildings. Then use building.name in a loop for counting with player:get_buildings().

Edited: 2017-03-28, 08:35

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-03-28, 09:17

There is some gold at 51,44 although I see now not as much as earlier versions and there is more at 89, 16 than there used to be

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-28, 17:58

GunChleoc wrote:

You can get the list of building descriptions with player.tribe.buildings. Then use building.name in a loop for counting with player:get_buildings().

I shouldn't try to code something if i am tired from work face-wink.png This morning i got it to work in an half an hour face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-28, 21:32

Hi just uploaded new revisions to launchpad.
The changes should take advantage of the new lua code provided by GunChleoc. (merged the two branches into our empire Mission 3 branch and changed the objective code regarding the economy settings as well as the hide field code. Unfortunately I can't test it so far as I have not yet a Build environment available to create a build of all the stuff. Any suggestions, Howto's or something to bring me up to next level face-wink.png
@ Tinker: I'm thinking of adding even more gold to the spot 89,16 to ease up the scenario although for me the scenario is quite good balanced yet. @ kaputtnik: fully happy with the blockhut cause I used a trick to reach these stones which needed knowledge of the map. so now it is much better for the first time player not knowing much more than the tutorials.
@ GunChleoc: Many thanks for the fast changes done in near lightspeed. @ kaputtnik: Thanks for the helper functions. I moved another one from init.lua to this script.
@ Tinker: will provide you a (hopefully final) Testbuild via Dropbox as soon as it is available.

best regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-29, 08:39

Since I don't know which operating system you're on, all I can do for now is point you to our compile guides:

If you're still having trouble, best ask for help with some specific information in a new thread.

kaputtnik wrote:

I shouldn't try to code something if i am tired from work face-wink.png This morning i got it to work in an half an hour face-smile.png

It does help when the brain is working!

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-03-29, 09:15

A little more gold would certainly help, by the time I had training sites built and all expeditions I only had 20 gold left for training equipment, of course once the barbarians are evicted from the gold mountain I would have more than needed but that means fighting their fully, ot nearly fully, trained soldiers with my half trained ones.

In the last play through I got messages and objectives in the right order as I followed instructions and did things in almost the right order. Only problem was the artifacts objective fired when I only had 47 buildings and the objective achieved message came straight after, I had no artifacts then but had seen one on a boarder which I was about to grab. This may be solved by the latest update. If that goes OK then I think you are just about finished.

Edited: 2017-03-29, 09:16

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-29, 16:59

I tried the whole day to set up my own build environment trying the steps described in BuildingWidelandsUnderWindowsNew as I run win 10 64bit. But I didn't succeed in installing any of the packages. The MinGW starts to work and in the end it throws one or more errors.
One difference with regard to the wiki is there is only a newer version of MinGW available (14.1 instead of 13.4 as written in the wiki)
Any chances to help me out of this?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-30, 06:13

I can't, Tino is the expert here. Please open a new thread, as compiling under Windows isn't trivial and that discussion will be off-topic for this thread.

You could also create a merge request on Launchpad with a comment that it isn't quite ready yet. This will trigger an AppVeyor build and you can grab a binary from the Artifacts tab when that build is finished.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-30, 11:02

ok as I am still not able to compile and install all needed Packages in MinGW I'll try the latter one.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-30, 22:13

I have tried to make reveal_fields and hide fields animated. Here some videos:

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote