Latest Posts

Topic: Suggestions/Poll for the next tournament

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-16, 23:07

Nice. But if each one could vote there for just one thing, dudle would be a great alternative...

I'm still not sure if I would like to participate in the tournament, but there is something else to mention: In the last tournament, I thought that the thread of the tournament is important and I've read everything. Is that necessary? The thread is very long, there are more than 250 comments. So it would be great if it would be split next time into a thread with all important informations and another thread...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
auktionadmin
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-02-16, 23:19

WorldSavior wrote:

I'm still not sure if I would like to participate in the tournament, but there is something else to mention: In the last tournament, I thought that the thread of the tournament is important and I've read everything. Is that necessary? The thread is very long, there are more than 250 comments. So it would be great if it would be split next time into a thread with all important informations and another thread...

That is what I wanted to say about easier communication between the participants who can the English language and the participants who can't read English very well.

I think there is potiential to prepare a tournament for participants who are very good (difficult maps) and participants who are less good (big building grounds). I'd like to prepare the last one but I have no time to prepare such a tournament. So I'm also still not sure if I would like to participate in next tournaments.

My map WideGreen:
https://www.widelands.org/maps/widegreen/

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-17, 02:37

WorldSavior wrote:

Nice. But if each one could vote there for just one thing, dudle would be a great alternative...

actually that was my idea in the beginning. but then people started to comment there, and i also got carried on with it. still, it was only a handful of comments per day, so one only needed to log one minute to see if there was anything new. plus, new rounds were always put in the news page, in the wiki page and in the thread first page. and if i had other important communications (the only ones i can think of are people getting penalties) i pmed those concerned. Overall, while visibility wasn't the best, it was still relatively simple to keep up to date, and I can't think of any way I could have done it better. Basicallly, the important informations were in the thread first four posts, or in the wiki page (which were mostly redundant)

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-19, 00:44

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

actually that was my idea in the beginning. but then people started to comment there, and i also got carried on with it. still, it was only a handful of comments per day, so one only needed to log one minute to see if there was anything new.

Well, but it's still a lot of text...

plus, new rounds were always put in the news page, in the wiki page and in the thread first page. and if i had other important communications (the only ones i can think of are people getting penalties) i pmed those concerned.

But I remember important comments like "How you should play at 'Fjords' " and so on face-wink.png

Overall, while visibility wasn't the best, it was still relatively simple to keep up to date, and I can't think of any way I could have done it better.

Maybe one further thread? face-wink.png But okay, the Wiki and the news could provide every important information...

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-19, 10:07

Or open up 2 threads up front. one for announcements with a big NO DISCUSSION PLEASE, and a second one for the discussion.

The problem is that we can't move posts with this software if somebody accidentally posts in the wrong thread.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-19, 18:01

GunChleoc wrote:

The problem is that we can't move posts with this software if somebody accidentally posts in the wrong thread.

It can be done. As I understand this is the correct Post model? Kaputtnik?

So the tool should change only one attribute: "topic".

The main problems from my point of view are:

• How to pick a comment from bunch of them (django admin?)
  • How to choose another topic from thousands of them?

Probably some filters should be added, plus select2

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-19, 18:27

GunChleoc wrote:

Or open up 2 threads up front. one for announcements with a big NO DISCUSSION PLEASE, and a second one for the discussion.

yeah, good idea, I will do it.

As for moving posts, a mod could just copy all the content of the post, paste it in the other thread, and delete the original post (anyone could paste a post somewhere else, a mod is needed only for deletion). Like

"Originally posted by XYZ in the wrong thread and moved here

XYZ wrote:

Please remember to leave the official announcement thread for the official announcements only"

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-19, 19:07

Moving posts, and maybe create a new topic for it, isn't on my todo list so far. We haven't a bug report for this either, afaik. Please create a new Topic if you feel this should be discussed face-wink.png

Back to topic face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-20, 18:18

king_of_nowhere told me that he is not that interested in organizing a tournament anymore.

So anyone who thought "I could imagine organizing a tournament, but it's not necessary because king_of_nowhere is going to do it" is informed now...

Top Quote