Latest Posts

Topic: Shortfalls and workarounds

einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-04, 08:42

I think that current way: forum + launchpad cause less problems than in game bugtracker.

But the (general) idea is good. Maybe there is a way of improving it? But I guess that it would need more complex solution... I can imagine part of the server where you have bugtracker with open API for Widelands game. It means that we would have another copy of launchpad/ github here. Ok. It is possible, but is it worth it? I guess that there were more arguments for launchpad than for making a bugtracker here.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-04, 09:47

An important step would be to make links clickable so they will open in a browser, so people can reach our websites from the About tab with a simple click. For that, we need to finish the new font renderer first. It will be a long road.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
trimard
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2016-11-05, 21:56

GunChleoc wrote:

What happens if we should decide to move our code and bug tracker somewhere else, e.g. to GitHub?

Wait, this is at plan? face-tongue.png From SVN to git?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-05, 23:10

Actually, from Bazaar to Git - Bazaar already does everything we need, but Github has some nice features that Launchpad hasn't. SirVer wrote a bot that does some useful stuff for us at Launchpad, e.g. to create the AppVeyor builds, but it's all looped through Github in order to work.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote