Latest Posts

Topic: Trailer Translations

GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-02, 06:52

For those who would like to have a video trailer in their language, I have created a project on Transifex:

https://www.transifex.com/widelands/widelands-promotional-material/

Send me a message when you're ready. I will then edit the captions and create the video.

I will edit the descriptions texts in the videos only - if you wish to record localized game content as well, your will have to do that yourself - I will find a way to get the project video source files and savegames to you then.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-11-02, 18:45

Are you talking of "Sneak Peak at Widelands Build 19"?

French translation (i will edit it later if i have time for look french translation of maps/buildings):

WIDELANDS version 19

De nouveaux tutoriaux

Nouvelle condition de victoire: artéfacts

Nouvelle carte: Vaste monde

Nouvelle carte: <french translation of Archipelago Sea>

Nouvelle carte: <french translation of Dolomites>

Montagnes boisées

Nouvelles animations pour <le/la> <<french translation of Blackroot fields>

Exploration maritime par l'IA

Nouvelles animations pour les barbares

Filtres de messages

Statistiques améliorées des bâtiments

Nouvelles icônes des travailleurs

Nouveau système d'aide

Choisissez votre terrain de départ

Écrans informatifs de chargement et de sauvegarde

Un support amélioré de la traduction

Edited: 2016-11-02, 18:52

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2016-11-03, 10:38

She was talking about all the resources: the descriptions (both the same if I got that right) and the captions of the trailer and the sneak peek. I would copy your translation to Transifex but I’m not in the French translation group and therefor can’t do it.

German is ready BTW. It would be nice if someone else checked it, though.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-03, 12:38

We have both the sneak peek and a generic trailer on Transifex - the second trailer will be released with Build 19.

You can grab the translation files from Transifex without logging in, but if you use their interface, I have configured the promotional material project to automatically fill in identical sentences for you. That makes translating the descriptions a lot faster.

If you don't want to use their interface, it would speed up things for me if you could leave in the captions time codes and indices - this way, I could copy/paste the whole lot into a text file and upload, rather than having to copy/paste each sentence.

Once I have finished exporting a trailer, I will give the translator a link to watch it and make sure that I haven't made any mistakes.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-11-03, 20:43

"You can grab the translation files from Transifex without logging in"

Can you please add a link to this famous file please? I have not found anything about files, nothing clickable.

I have see the messages like " A translation for <language> has been sent to the resource Trailer 2016 - Captions . " with links on it, but the links all returns an access denied webpage.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2016-11-03, 21:27

You go there: https://www.transifex.com/widelands/widelands-promotional-material/language/fr/ and when you click on one of the four links you can choose between different options including "download for use" (at least I guess that’s what GunChleoc meant). There you have the time codes and indices in a simple text file. I guess for translations in whichever way you have to be logged in.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-11-03, 22:25

403 access denied

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2016-11-03, 23:01

Hmm… Yep, you have to log in to even go there. I guess you have neither a github nor google nor linkedin account that you could/would use, do you? And you aren’t willing to make a new one for this?

I guess I could copy & paste the content of the files here, but I feel that to be a bit strange. Tell me if you want them here.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-11-03, 23:27

No, i do not have google and co account. I will not create a Transiflex account, it's very close, not gratis, and a complex system for something that you can do yourself easily.

So let's forget my translation and wait somebody who will use Transiflex...

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-04, 06:53

Sorry, I thought that you could just grab them - seems like they changed their user interface again. I have already contacted Transifex about it.

Here are the video descriptions - I will put the captions in separate posts.

Titles

Sneak Peek at Widelands Build 19
Widelands Trailer 2016

Text

A sneak peek at the new features that are coming in Widelands Build 19.

Widelands is a free, open source real-time buildup strategy game with single player campaigns and a multiplayer mode. The game was inspired by Settlers II™ (© Bluebyte) but has significantly more variety and depth to it.

You are the regent of a small clan. Your task is to build an ever growing settlement. Every member of your clan will do his or her part to produce more resources to further this growth.

Widelands offers a single-player mode with campaigns that tell stories of the tribes and their struggle in the Widelands universe. However, settling really starts when you unite with friends over the Internet or LAN to build up new empires together – or to crush each other in the dusts of war. Widelands also offers an artificial intelligence to challenge you.

This video was created using free software – OBS Studio, Shotcut and GIMP.

Tags

RTS,real-time strategy,game,economy,fantasy,GPL,FOSS,FLOSS,Open Source,libre
Edited: 2016-11-04, 06:56

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote