Latest Posts

Topic: Sheep anyone?

toptopple
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-06-07, 20:12

Interesting!

Critters don't have this though, and they still rely on their animations for playing sounds

Does this mean at a certain movement they are doing a howl? ;)
At least I couldn't confirm synchronisation yet. E.g. the Wolves don't give a howl exactly when the animation does.

As a quick solution you could perhaps manage they howl with a 50% probability or depending on a counter every second time. If I put more animals in, we might get a sound polution.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-07, 23:17

That solution will probably less quick than shifting the code, which is what we will want to have in the end anyway. I have created a bug report.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
toptopple
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-06-09, 09:59

Uploaded my branch to launchpad for review! Have a nice animal zoo by now. face-smile.png I took some measures to reduce the cluttering of sounds. If it appears too much though, you can take out some species again. I did not specify a reviewer because it wasn't sure who. Can you name me someone who would deal with me in project branch matters?

As for now I must retire to focus on other work. But I might enjoy to work more on sounds later on. Thanks everyone!

Top Quote
toptopple
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-06-09, 15:06

Please remove file "data/sound/animals/elk_02.ogg", it causes "snow" noise here with Ubuntu! Must have passed end-control somehow. The file runs with system tools but in-game obviously is not understood. There is another "snowhite" - not in my responsibility - which I suspect to be in the Helmet Smith or some other Smith.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-09, 19:41

Thanks, I will try to have a look soonish. We usually don't specify the reviewers for merge requests, whoever has the time and skills will look at the code and/or test.

The noise is a known bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1500531

If you want to get rid of a file, you can do so by calling bzr rm <filename>. If you use a GUI client like Bazaar Explorer, you can just delete the file as usual and then use the GUI to commit.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
toptopple
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-06-12, 14:51

About my BZR branch: I received a weird message from a bunnybot which run: " Continuous integration builds have changed state:

Travis build 1155. State: failed. Details: https://travis-ci.org/widelands/widelands/builds/136636855. Appveyor build 993. State: success. Details: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/widelands-dev/widelands/build/_7010622_q_widelands_topple_sounds_1-993. "

I'm afraid I don't understand this. Could anyone help me to explain? Why is one of the builds successful and the other not?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-12, 15:41

toptopple wrote:

I'm afraid I don't understand this. Could anyone help me to explain? Why is one of the builds successful and the other not?

Don't worry about such messages from bunnybot. bunnybot is just a bot help us to get some informations due compiling. We use third party services for testing compiling:

Travis: Is used for compiling linux builds Appveyor: Is used for compiling Windows builds

Travis use different compiler and fails at least for compiler clang. I don't know the reason but you don't have to worry about that. Maybe a C++ developer could say more about this face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-14, 18:22

When I looked at some of the Travis logs, it was a problem with Travis itself, not with your contribution.

The sounds have been added to trunk now, thank you very much! face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote