Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: building upgrade and stoired food/weapons

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-04-03, 07:35

The consensus in the bug was:

I think that asking explicitly in the dismantle confirmation which wares should be kept is the best and clearest way of handling this problem. If you skip the confirmation with Ctrl+click, the default way should be to remove all wares before the building is dismantled because this is the way most people use (based on the comments in https://wl.widelands.org/forum/topic/1093/). It should be the same thing if you upgrade a building (to be consistent).

Adding a 3rd button to the confirmation dialog would mean the least mouseclicks for the user, and also the smallest code change.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-04-03, 09:30

Tibor wrote:

Or we can use the time till worker (builder coming to upgrade the site) comes, the building can be stopped and ware queues set to zero and at least some wares would be sent to flag

I think this would lead into confusion: Sometimes some wares would be sent to flag, sometimes all wares, depending on how many wares are inside the building and how long it takes the builder comes to the building.

So i would prefer a clear way: If dismantle/upgrade command is given, all wares should be sent to flag. The builder has to wait until all wares are outside of the building. Regarding to traffic jam: This is a rare use case and shows that there is something wrong with traffic management.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
DragonAtma
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2016-04-03, 18:29

Keep in mind that (last I checked) the AI isn't as good as the player at traffic management, especially on larger maps.

They often wound up with highly branching roads and no redundancies, so even on a fairly open map they could wind up with only one path between section A and section B. It's even worse in Ancient Sun Of Fire and similar maps.

Top Quote
ypopezios
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-05-16, 14:26

Some people would be so quick in altering the building, that they wouldn't mind even killing the worker inside... For the rest of us, saving whatever can be saved is the obvious thing to do. After all, even if someone didn't need the wares, they would still move them out of the place before starting operations. In my opinion, fixing the default behaviour is more urgent than implementing a special dialogue.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-05-17, 06:47

Fixing the default behaviour is the real work. All we need in the UI is an option with the CTRL or ALT key and a different string in the confirmation box + button tooltip.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote