Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Global Delivery Priority:

staustelladam

Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2015-12-04, 20:56

I might be missing something really basic, but I'm sure there used to be a way of prioritising ware delivery and transport. I'm not talking about "high" priority within a specific building for construction or production, but for delivery across the whole map.

If I have some farms that are far reaching from my mines, for example, then I want to globally prioritise the delivery of beer and wheat/bread ... and at the moment my boats do carry these wares, but not very much of it.

I'm sure this feature used to be in Widelands ... or perhaps I am just confusing myself with memories of Settlers. Can anyone anwer this question?

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-05, 01:21

Global Delivery Priority is an idea that is for long time in Widelands. But it is very hard to add to current transportation model. Especially to ships.

Tibor were adding some better realisation for ships transportation. Probably it is merged now in trunk. But for huge maps it is hard to get good algorithm for efficient transport.

There are several ways to omit this problem: you can build more mines (more mines = more beer/rations going to one place). Also you can set beer to be delivered directly to the warehouse/port next to the mines. Then more of the needed wares will be there. Also it is possible to build more ships (more ships = faster transport).

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-05, 02:37

it was a feature of settlers, but frankly, I never felt the need for it in wideland. welll, not too much.

Top Quote