Latest Posts

Topic: Depleted Mines:

staustelladam

Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2015-09-13, 23:06

I've looked through the forums and FAQ and can't find the answer to a question I have.

When editing/creating a map, and placing ore/minerals on the mountain areas, if you set both values to 63 I would assume that this populates with as much ore/minerals as possible.

Does depth/height of mountain have any bearing on how much stuff is also in the mine to be removed? I've read the FAQ where it explains removing from each depth level, but does the height actually create a bigger container for stuff?

Also, where within the game is the determination for when a mine runs out, and also where is the determination for if the mine can find another 5%, even when empty? Is it in the game code or is it in the config/scripting files?

Thanks.

A.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-14, 07:08

staustelladam wrote:

I've looked through the forums and FAQ and can't find the answer to a question I have.

When editing/creating a map, and placing ore/minerals on the mountain areas, if you set both values to 63 I would assume that this populates with as much ore/minerals as possible.

Does depth/height of mountain have any bearing on how much stuff is also in the mine to be removed? I've read the FAQ where it explains removing from each depth level, but does the height actually create a bigger container for stuff?

I don't know. Is anybody else familiar with this part of the code? If not, I will try to have a look.

Also, where within the game is the determination for when a mine runs out, and also where is the determination for if the mine can find another 5%, even when empty? Is it in the game code or is it in the config/scripting files?

In the building's config, you have e.g. mine=coal 2 66 5 17

The 4 numbers mean:

1. The amount of wares (coal) produced
  2. The maximum percentage mined
  3. The chance of finding more after the maximum percentage has been reached
  4. The amount of experience that the workers will gain

The C++ code is in src/logic/production_program.cc - look for ActMine.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-14, 07:20

Many questions... :-)

> Does depth/height of mountain have any bearing on how much stuff is also in the mine to be removed?
No. Only the number of items set via editor.

> I've read the FAQ where it explains removing from each depth level, but does the height actually create a bigger container for stuff?
No. The "Depth" of the mine is only a hint to the player that the current mine (if it is not "full depth") is not taking all resources from the mine. It could also be "finer filter material", filtering more from the ore. But the depth is a common, understandable image in the player's mind.

> Also, where within the game is the determination for when a mine runs out, and also where is the determination for if the mine can find another 5%, even when empty? Is it in the game code or is it in the config/scripting files?
A mine runs out when no resources (those set via editor) can be mined in the working area of the mine (this working area is changing from mine to mine!). The 5% limit is in the conf files of the mine (or the miner, I am not sure right now), it is (IIRC) a parameter to the mine function in the production site or worker program.

Edited: 2015-09-14, 07:20

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
staustelladam

Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2015-09-18, 21:31

Thanks guys ... that answers my question perfectly.

Top Quote