Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: How to keep the higher order industries running smoothly?

king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-04-12, 13:45

It's not much a matter of too complicated, but of too much information. When teaching, it is better to do a few things at a time, trying to cram too much information in too little time will often result in less learning. That's not just my personal opinion; I know several teachers, and the common consensus is that what you can skip is more important than what you can include. This guy's problem apparently was that he only had one well, and your detailed instructions on how to manage a large map in ideal conditions risked to take the emphasis out of the actual solution.

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-04-13, 10:24

king_of_nowhere wrote:

When teaching, it is better to do a few things at a time, trying to cram too much information in too little time will often result in less learning.

I know that, so I proposed 5 solutions with 5 points. It should be read as 5 pieces of information. If you don't want to learn any of them- just don't read and don't argue.

This forum isn't only for newbies. If somebody wants to improve himself, he will read posts event if it will contain "easy solutions" only. I did that, you did that. If something is too complicated for you, just skip it (I do this sometimes). If you want to understand, just ask. Somebody will answer you- that is the beauty of this community face-smile.png

and your detailed instructions on how to manage a large map in ideal conditions risked to take the emphasis out of the actual solution.

That is you oppinion. Not mine.

Also, to make it more simplier, do as follows:

• I have traffic jams problem
  • Let's use solution 1.
  • Better, but not working for 100%
  • Let's take number 2.
  • Hmm... Still not working
  • Number 3.?
  • Not working at all
  • Maybe number 4.?
  • It is not the best solution
  • The last solution (5.)
  • Still not working
  • Probably it is very complex problem - I should describe it / let it go (depends on yourself)

If you go with that, you will learn everything about every solution described. You will learn more and more complex ideas and try to use them. I didn't described the most complex idea as the first. You should be able to understand the first one. If not- just ask me face-smile.png I'm open to explain more about everything I wrote face-wink.png

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote