Latest Posts

Topic: New Barbarian Lime_kiln Model

Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-02-26, 21:42

Very nice...

couple of details:

the color of ground is "static" or borrowed from land?

I think there is no reason for a furnace to be white as this is built from common stones, but I could imagine the ground around furnace and bottom of furnace white from dust. But top of furnace could be dark from smoke and coal... The house itself is whitened by lime dust, is not it?

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-02-26, 21:48

wl-zocker wrote:

Are you already in a state where you can post screenshots from the building inside the game? It looks very nice so far, but I'd like to see it in comparison with other buildings, espicially to see how the hill looks in the Widelands world.

Not quite yet. I have to work up build, idle and unoccupied scenes, but I could get a static shot from in the game. Have it for you tomorrow.

Edited: 2015-02-26, 22:01

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-02-26, 22:01

Tibor wrote:

Very nice...

couple of details:

the color of ground is "static" or borrowed from land?

As it currently stands, the ground plane is a static, opaque material. I will consider a semi-transparent material to better blend with the terrain in the game.

I think there is no reason for a furnace to be white as this is built from common stones, but I could imagine the ground around furnace and bottom of furnace white from dust.

I can darken the furnace. I just used the colors directly from the texture sample.

But top of furnace could be dark from smoke and coal... The house itself is whitened by lime dust, is not it?

Good point about the top of the kiln. I'll try something. The colors of the house's wood and thatch roof are a direct copy from the hardener. Everything can be tweaked. I don't know if the surrounding area was greatly affected by an accumulation of the quicklime. Rain would play a big part in washing away the semi-soluable powder. face-smile.png

Thanks for your observations.

Edited: 2015-02-26, 22:03

I see little people.

Top Quote