Latest Posts

Topic: Which warehouse is choosen?

stm

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-11-01, 22:05

Hello, on my current scenery I have a lot of warehouses. But I observe that the wares are mostly transported to only one or two of them, likely the latest warehouses I have build. That is even if other warehouses are much closer. Why they don't bring the wares to the closest warehouse? This blocks all transportation capacity and forces traffic jams.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8314/widelands.jpg

This is a screenshot, I have marked the warehouse where all wares currently are delivered to, and the ways how the things come to this warehouse, passing some other warehouses.

Edited: 2009-11-01, 22:13

Top Quote
timowi

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2009-11-01, 23:15

I saw this bug too. All wares are brought to the warehouse you build last. At least if you dont't split and reconnct your economy.

Do you build widelands from source? If so I can give you a patch to bring the wares to the nearest warehouse.

Top Quote
a_settler

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-11-02, 10:10

I see this bug as well, I use Build 14 in Win XP.

Top Quote
Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2009-11-02, 16:57

Try the newest build: http://widelands.8-schuss.de/Widelands-svn4609-win32.exe

Top Quote
stm

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-11-03, 13:01

I have installed build 4609 in Vista, and it runs more unstable than rc 14.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3861/widey.jpg

I tryed to locate the logfiles but I couldn't find. Where they are?

The warehouse transportation problem might be solved, if feels better, but my new world isn't big enough yet to confirm.

Edited: 2009-11-03, 13:03

Top Quote
stm

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-11-03, 22:18

The transportation/traffic-jam situation is much better with 4609. Maybe you can improve one more thing:

All tools and weapons are still transported to the warehouse which seems to be the closest to the future house where the worker or soldier will go. I think it might be better if the tools and weapons go to the nearest warehouse, and then the worker or soldier walks the big distance, as they can walk at the same time while things are transported on a road. This would increase transportation capacity, and maybe it also eliminates this bug with the tools and weaposn which are transported forth and back without reaching a warehouse.

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2009-12-29, 23:11

I had a different problem with the warehouses in r14.

I played as Atlanteans and had the Labyrinth and Dungeon near the main base house. I also had another warehouse closer to the border and the larger military buildings. When my soldiers left the Labyrinth or the Dungeon after upgrading to the maximum possible in the building, they headed to the secondary warehouse instead of the primary one (which seems to be related to a new wares distribution algorithm in r14), and as long as there were enough basic weapons and armory in the main warehouse, the new soldiers for the Labyrinth or Dungeon were drafted from there, being level0 again, leaving my upgraded solders at level 4 or 5. This needs constant attention on the production of those goods, which is really distractive.

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
Ujujinsan

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-03-09, 22:56

The game is unplayable due to the wares flow problem. As stated the newest warehouse is the target for wares flow (from and to). If built, wares from other warehouses are transported to the newest one. The flow of products quickly creates a traffic jam to the warehouse and from other warehouses. The products being moved create jams that makes flow of products currently produced impossible. I ma using this version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/widelands/files/ Widelands-Build14-WinXP-and-newer.exe WinXP and newer Windows 66.5 MB 2009-09-27

Here is an illustration: http://yfrog.com/htflowproblemp

You can see an empty headquarters and a clogged warehouse from which goods are being transported to the newest warehouse. The headquarters isn't being used by settlers anymore.

The game is all about economy, without efficient distribution infrastructure, the game doesn't make any sense face-confused.png

Furthermore, it would be great If a product could be transported by a longer route. Mayby creating an algorithm that would take into consideration predicted length of transportation based on jams would be too hard to create, but for example a simple 20% margin given the best route ? Or an algorithm based on Q-learning or an Ant algorithm, that could work.

Edited: 2010-03-09, 23:02

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-03-10, 07:55

Ujujinsan wrote: The game is unplayable due to the wares flow problem. As stated the newest warehouse is the target for wares flow (from and to). If built, wares from other warehouses are transported to the newest one. The flow of products quickly creates a traffic jam to the warehouse and from other warehouses. The products being moved create jams that makes flow of products currently produced impossible.

That bug was fixed quite some time ago - further the new donkey feature improves ware transportation a lot. So all left to do, is to get Build15 ready :).

Top Quote
Ujujinsan

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-03-10, 10:58

Nasenbaer wrote:

Ujujinsan wrote: The game is unplayable due to the wares flow problem. As stated the newest warehouse is the target for wares flow (from and to). If built, wares from other warehouses are transported to the newest one. The flow of products quickly creates a traffic jam to the warehouse and from other warehouses. The products being moved create jams that makes flow of products currently produced impossible.

That bug was fixed quite some time ago - further the new donkey feature improves ware transportation a lot. So all left to do, is to get Build15 ready .

My bad, kinda new here, didn't reach to the info ;] Great to hear that! ;]

Top Quote